Senior Environmental Planner
Ghostpine Environmental Services Ltd. is a full-service environmental consulting company based in Calgary serving the upstream and midstream energy sectors, natural resources, commercial and residential development, heavy construction, road building and aggregate industry sectors.
We are currently seeking a Senior Environmental Planner for projects in western Canada. Successful candidates will work as part of a multi-disciplinary project team and will undertake project management, client liaison, technical reviews and report writing.
- Identify, synthesize and address key environmental issues;
- Determine environmental regulatory requirements for activities and ensure compliance with federal, provincial, and municipal environmental regulations;
- Prepare scope of work and project cost estimates/budgets;
- Consult with regulators and stakeholders on behalf of client;
- Prepare or oversee applications for approval, such as C&R Reports, Public Lands, Water Act Applications, Wetland Permanence Assessments, WAIR, ABWRET, BIA, ECO, ESC and obtain environmental authorizations;
- Knowledge in other environmental disciplines is a definite asset: wildlife, fisheries, hydrology, vegetation, reclamation and remediation;
- Ability to self-start and work in a team environment;
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills;
- Effective time management, project planning, and interpersonal skills;
- Project Manager with project portfolio of varying size or complexity (by discipline or practice area) with minimal or no direction by immediate supervisor; prepares and manages project budget; and reviews draft invoices;
- Can provide guidance for several employees where standard operating procedures are in use or specialized experience; and
- Need to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet project deadlines; and, Identify, synthesize and address key environmental issues related to project.
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate or graduate degree in the Environmental or Natural Sciences, combined with a minimum of ten (10) years of related experience working in the environmental consulting industry. A thorough understanding of Alberta and Saskatchewan environmental regulations will be a definite asset for this position.
Position remuneration will be commensurate with candidate experience and education. Ghostpine offers an attractive health benefits program for its full time employees. Visit our website at www.ghostpine.com. Please forward resumes in confidence to:
Ghostpine Environmental Services Ltd.
111, 10699 – 46th St. S.E.
Attention: Human Resources Manager