Intermediate Field Biologist
- Closing Date: Until positions are filled
- Location: Calgary, Alberta or Fort St. John, British Columbia; field work throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan
Ghostpine is currently seeking Field Biologists with at least three (3) years of field and report preparation experience.
Key Responsibilities for this Position:
- Under supervision of Senior Biologists and Planners, conduct pre-development field assessments and prepare reporting, primarily for oil and gas, municipal infrastructure and residential developments;
- Field assessments would mainly include identification of potential environmental issues in relation to proposed developments (i.e., wetlands, watercourses, wildlife, vegetation, soils);
- Work with client representatives and surveyors in the field to assist in routing/siting proposed developments to avoid potential issues;
- Supervise junior staff during field assessments; and
- Regulatory consultation.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Wetland classification/delineation experience under the Alberta Wetland Policy is a requirement and watercourse;
- Watercourse classification experience;
- Strong vegetation identification skills and rare plant survey experience would be an asset;
- Wildlife identification and survey experience;
- Soil classification skills would be an asset;
- Strong organizational and technical report writing skills;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with field representatives and supervisors;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently;
- Project management skills, including the ability to supervise junior staff;
- Knowledge of the Water Act, Public Lands Act, Alberta Wildlife Act, Species at Risk Act and Migratory Birds Convention Act will be considered a strong asset; and
- ASPB or other professional organization memberships within Alberta would also be an asset.
Please note that some work for this position will be located in remote areas for extended periods of time and may require overtime, weekends and variable hours. The position is physically demanding therefore the candidate should be in good physical condition. Relevant oil and gas and regulatory experience would be an asset. The ideal candidate will have the following certifications: H2S Alive, First Aid, Quad Safety, WHMIS, and TDG.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and education. Ghostpine offers an attractive health benefits program for its full-time employees. Please forward resumes in confidence to:
Attention: Human Resources
Ghostpine Environmental Services Ltd.
111, 10699 – 46th St. S.E.
Fax: (403) 291-9103